When and how can I appeal my assessment?

Category: Personal Property Questions

You should speak with our office first to eliminate any possibility of clerical or factual error.  If the issue is not resolved, then you can call the County Clerk (870-853-2020) after July 1st to schedule an appointment with the Equalization Board.   The Equalization Board meets starting August 1st to hear assessment appeals.  Requests for appointments must be received by the clerk no later than 4:30 pm on the third Monday in August.