How Do I?

How do I find out where to vote in an election?

Contact the County Clerk’s office.

How do I qualify as a candidate in an upcoming election?

Contact the County Clerk’s office.

I have a question about jury duty, who do I contact?

Contact the Circuit Clerk’s office.

Where is the courthouse located?

The courthouse is located at:

205 East Jefferson Street
Hamburg, AR 71646
Phone: 870-853-2000

Click here for map & directions.

Do I have to refile for homestead every year?

No. Once you have applied for and received the credit, you do not have to reapply each year. The only time that you would need to reapply for the credit would be when you change your primary place of residence (i.e. sell your house and buy a different one).

What is the deadline for applying for homestead exemption?

October 15th of the year AFTER you move into your home

Where do I obtain public records pertaining to divorce, estates, land and delinquent taxes?

Contact the County Clerk’s office.

How do I obtain a 911 address?

911 addresses are assigned through the E-9.1.1 office.  It is helpful to know your nearest street’s name and your nearest neighbors.

How do I obtain a passport?

You can visit the Circuit Clerk’s office and bring 1 passport photos, a birth certificate with a seal, passport application completed, and a picture id.  It takes about six weeks to receive your passport.

Also, you can visit for detailed information regarding applying for a passport and international travel. Where you apply for a passport depends on when you need your U.S. passport. Go to the Where to Apply page at to determine where you apply based on when the passport is needed.

How do I obtain a marriage license?

The County Clerk’s office issues marriage licenses.

How do I vote absentee?

Contact the County Clerk’s office about the absentee voting process.

How do I register to vote?

The minimum voting age is 18.  You must register at least 30 days prior to any election to be entitled to vote in that election.

A resident may register to vote in person at the County Clerk’s Office or register to vote by mail. A resident may also download a form online at, complete and mail to the County Clerk. To make a name or address change or if you have any questions concerning voting or voter registration call the County Clerk’s office at 870-853-2020.