My spouse passed away. I would like to have his/her name removed from my assessment. How do I do this?

Category: Real Property Questions

Depending on the way the real estate is titled, we may be able to remove the name from the assessment with a death certificate.    Death certificates are sometimes filed with the Circuit Clerk.  Probates and marriage licenses are filed with the County Clerk.